Thursday 13 February 2014

Taste Makers Lecture

Lecture Summary:

In today's lecture Tim spoke to us about 'Taste Makers' and the importance of knowing who is who in the history of fashion. Within the lecture he gave brief summaries about the most important people in fashion history; these were divided into the following four categories: 

  1. Media, Retail and Press 
  2. Patrons, Collectors and Socialites 
  3. Muses and Creatives
  4. Lifestyle and Interiors
Below I have typed up my notes from the lecture:

Media, Retail and Press


Patrons, Collectors and Socialites


Muses and Creatives


Lifestyle and Interiors


I have also translated this into my sketchbook:







My Opinion:

Personally, I found this lecture really interesting and insightful. It is always great to learn about people and trends in history that you were not previously aware of, as this encourages further reading and research of my own. I plan to look further into many of these famous fashion and lifestyle figures from throughout history as I feel that it will be useful in the future to be able to reference these key figures, styles, influences and inspirations.

The lecture was also a great way to spark our own imaginations and make us think about who or what it is that inspires us, who are our own personal taste makers? Within the seminar, Tim followed this idea up by setting us a brief that allows us to explore and research who we believe to be our own two taste makers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment