Friday 25 October 2013

Creating my Moodboard

To make sure I got the best images, layout/composition and overall visual impression of the brand within my moodboard, I started by experimenting with images I had collected within my research and created some basic composition and content ideas and templates.

Converse
Some of the images that I really liked from within my research were those taken as screen shots from the Martin Margiela and Converse collaboration teaser and advertisement YouTube videos. I took several screen shots and felt that many of them had a really interesting look that summed up the style of Martin Margiela's work. Below is one of the YouTube videos from Margiela's YouTube account, this particular video was the main 'full length' advert which was released after several 'teaser' trailers:


Here are some of the screen shots I took from these videos:






To create a moodboard, or element to be incorporated in a moodboard, from these images I began to layer and manipulate them in Photoshop. Below are some of the draft results:



Here was my final composition of the converse images; I really like the visual effect of this final idea, however, I am not sure if I can translate or incorporate this into my final moodboard:

No comments:

Post a Comment